For a very long time now we have wanted to experience the thrill of a water coaster and traveling back across the country this week provided the perfect opportunity. We only had to alter our return route a bit south to spend the day at Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari home to two of the top rated water coasters in the United States. The extra miles were definitely worth it as the water coasters were truly an amazing experience! As a bonus we were also able to ride a few regular roller coasters and introduce the Younger Fives to two new amusement park rides that they absolutely loved. Since the camera wasn’t a practical accessory at the water park we have included videos of our five favorite attractions at Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari.
1. Wildebeest – Rated the world’s #1 water park ride, Wildebeest does not disappoint! Thrilling yet at the same time gentle this water coaster is so much fun for the whole family.
2. Mammoth Water Coaster – Riding the world’s longest water coaster is so worth the drive to Indiana! The ride on Mammoth gets you totally soaked and as the tube twists and turns you have no idea what is coming up next. The best part is that the six person tube allows you to enjoy the ride with the whole family.
3. The Voyage – Voted the #1 wooden roller coaster in the nation, Five String and Five Ball were lucky to catch one of the last rides of the day on The Voyage. They both came away with huge smiles and wind blown hair declaring that this was hands down the best roller coaster they had ever ridden.
4. HallowSwings – The flying swing ride was always a favorite of Five Spice’s when she was younger and the Younger Fives took to it just as fondly. The 48″ height limit was a bit of a barrier for High Five, but luckily his baseball cap and the fact that he is very sneaky about standing on tip-toe got him past the ride attendant. We would definitely put one of these in the backyard if we ever won the lottery!
5. Mayflower – Usually know as the Pirate Ship this classic boat-swing ride is another that we wanted to introduce the kids to. It is such a blast and only gets scary on the very last swing making it a fun thrill ride for younger riders.